Pediatric Aftercare for Preventive Visits
Post-Op Instructions Following a Prophy (Cleaning)
Your child may experience some tenderness for a day or two. If this persists, you may have them rinse with warm salt water 2-3 times per day. For discomfort you may also give your child Children’s Tylenol, Advil or Motrin as directed for the age and weight of your child.
Post-Op Instructions Following Fluoride Treatment
- Do not brush or floss treated area for at least two hours after treatment.
- Avoid hard, hot or sticky foods, hot beverages, and products containing alcohol (including oral rinses) for two hours.
- Avoid using other products containing fluoride (mouthwashes, gels, prescription toothpaste) until the next day.
Post-Op Instructions Following Sealant Placement
- You should refrain from eating ice, gum, sticky or hard candy which can fracture the sealant.
- Regular dental checkups are recommended in order for our office to be certain the sealants remain in place.
- You can eat or drink immediately after receiving sealants.
- Contact our office if you have any concerns.